Sunday, February 23, 2014

National Margarita Day, Please...Not

You've probably heard it said that now days every cause has its "Day." Well believe it or not according to its Facebook Fan Page this is National Margarita Day (www.facebook.com/events/581380915284665/)!!!

Unfortunately the Facebook Page doesn't give many details, but it appears this may be the first year this distinguished day is being celebrated, at least officially. According to the above noted page, the On Broadway Bar of Cincinnati, Ohio created this day (I thought congress or a president or someone had to be in on this kind of thing). I guess if you have a Facebook Fan Page you can create any Day you want.

This makes me wonder why we don't have National Nights? We sort of do if you count Halloween, the Fourth of July, Christmas and New Year's Eves. Many celebrate Valentine's Day at night. But obviously it is explicitly a "Day." However, I think it's time I took it upon myself to suggest some National Nights.

To begin with, tonight might be Stay Off the Cincinnati Roads Night! Tomorrow night my be Go To Bed Early Night for those who celebrate Margarita Day. Thanksgiving Day evening might be best known as Roll Off the Couch Night. Christmas Day evening might be best known as Plan To Re-Gift Night. I'm not certain, but I thing New Year's Day evening is already know unofficially as Sober Up To Go Back To Work Night. Check it out, I bet it's on your planning calendar.

Personally I don't think we need any National Days that revolve around drinking, we already have St. Patrick's Day. But there's always room for other National Days and Nights in accordance with Facebook. So here's your challenge for National Challenge Day, which FYI is next Friday, come up with at least one National Day or Night that will enliven our country's social calender. I wish you all the luck of National Luck Day, April 15!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed; nothing you wouldn't want your grandmother to read!